Job Type: Internship
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Work Status: US citizenship or Green Card Holder
Hiring Manager: Kathi Brockway
Secure64 is a worldwide provider of a suite of always available, highly secure and self-protecting DNS products. Software Engineering Test Team is looking for self-driven Software Development Engineer in Test Intern that will be a gatekeeper of quality. In this role, you will write code to test code, promote quality code and solid test practices by designing and delivering robust, efficient, and comprehensive automated tests enabling full functional testing of the product on demand. You are also a solid black box tester who can view the product from the customer perspective and identify
issues. You can setup a test lab with multiple networks and servers if needed, and diagnose system issues caused from various external network factors or exhausted internal system resources when needed.
The Software Development Engineer in Test Intern will develop, modify, execute, and automate software test plans. Analyze and write test standards and procedures. Maintain documentation of test, results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action. Consult with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provide feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages,
systems, and computation software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates complete test plans based on design specifications.
• Develops robust automated tests.
• Enhances and maintains the automated test infrastructure.
• Observes and records defects in software products through the use of systematic tests to apply and maintain quality standards for company products.
• Updates and creates test cases to support fixes for customer reported issues.
• Uses product knowledge and insight to design and execute exploratory testing.
• Maintains documentation and reports test results.
• Proficiency with corporate QA standards.
• Ability to lead a team, to work and to communicate within a team environment.
• Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work.
• Minimum of 1 year of software development experience. We are seeking candidates that are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or an equivalent degree.
• Strong attention to details.
• Strong Linux background with proficiency in scripting and automation. You must be comfortable using it as your
• Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks.
• Experience with the following scripting and programming languages: Bash Shell, C, C++, Go, Perl, Python.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experienced DNS Engineer.
• Experience automating the validation of complex systems and network infrastructures
• Previous Linux system development experience.
• Previous Linux system administration experience.
• Previous network administration experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Experience testing within an agile development environment.
Secure64 Software Corporation | 3536 John F Kennedy Parkway Fort Collins, CO 80525 | 1-303-242-5890