End Users Expect Low Latency
For SIP and other mission-critical network services, low latency is essential to a good customer experience. Latency problems can occur when traffic is being directed to servers that are slow or unresponsive. Today, organizations can deploy Global Server Load Balancers to solve this problem, but this can be an expensive and complex solution.
A Simpler Approach
The Service Optimization Module provides the ability to monitor SIP or other types of servers in real time to determine their availability and responsiveness. It will then steer traffic to the most responsive of them. As an add-on capability to Secure64 DNS Authority, this module operates within the DNS so there is no need to add additional devices to the network in order to optimize performance.
- • Minimize latency by sending traffic to fastest responding servers
- • Quickly and automatically recover from outages
- • Optimize the end user experience
- • Avoid adding additional network devices
- • Real-time detection of server quality of service
- • Built-in to the DN S service
- • Dynamic alteration of DNS responses
- • Flexible, user-defined rules to drop or reorder records