SECURE64 INTRODUCES “STOP LIVING IN DENIAL”CAMPAIGN AT ISPCON
GREENWOOD VILLAGE, CO – May 16, 2007 – Secure64 Software Corporation, a software developer with the only Genuinely Secure™ software technology and server applications, today announced it will conduct its first ever real-time, interactive demonstrations of its Secure64 DNS software application for the general public at ISPCON Spring 2007. Secure64’s “Stop Living in Denial” campaign kicks-off at ISPCON and allow anyone to launch a denial of service attack to try and bring down Secure64 DNS.
Secure64 DNS is the only DNS server application on the market today that is completely immune to malware and resistant to network attacks, and provides the highest authoritative DNS performance in the world at over 100,000 queries per second.
“Since the launch of Secure64 DNS in March, many IT professionals have challenged our product claims,” said Mark Beckett, Vice President of Marketing at Secure64. “Our intent at ISPCON is to definitively prove that, while one of today’s most commonly-used DNS server solutions effectively drops offline under malicious attacks, Secure64 DNS remains 100% responsive to legitimate Internet traffic under the same attack conditions.”
The demonstration will pit the company’s own Secure64 DNS application running on a dual core Itanium HP Integrity server against a popular BIND/Linux DNS configuration running on a dual core Sun® Opteron™ server. Both servers will be loaded to maximum query capacity, then visitors will be invited to launch TCP SYN floods or UDP reflected floods at both servers simultaneously and observe how each server responds to the simulated attacks.
The DNS, or Domain Name System, has become an increasingly popular target of malicious attacks, claiming high profile victims such as Network Solutions, MySQL, GoDaddy.com as well as the main root servers that make up the backbone of the DNS itself. Microsoft recently sent a panic through the industry when it announced a DNS vulnerability in its Windows server operating systems.
Secure64 DNS Benefits
For services providers, e-businesses and other companies whose viability depends on continuous operations and high availability, Secure64 DNS offers many unique and business-critical benefits, including:
- Improved Performance – Responds to more than 100,000 queries per second, over 10 times the capacity of a typical BIND server running on an x86 platform
- Increased Security – Cannot be compromised by rootkits or malware, which can carry out “pharming” attacks that compromise DNS zone data and result in identity theft and credit card fraud
- Increased Availability and “Up Time” – Offers high-speed packet processing and the unique capability to protect and mitigate high volume denial-of-service attacks (including UDP reflected floods)
- Reduced Operating Expenses – Reduces power consumption, eliminates operating system hardening and emergency vulnerability patching, and greatly simplifies configuration
- Reduced Capital Expenditures – Delivers higher capacity and the ability to block denial-of-service attacks resulting in fewer servers and a reduced need to over-provision
- Compatibility – Interoperates with existing DNS infrastructures, leveraging existing investments
The Secure64 DNS demonstration will be conducted within ISPCON booth #514. ISPCON, the leading event for wired and wireless ISPs, takes place May 23-25 in Orlando, Florida.
More information on Secure64 DNS can be found at https://secure64.com/products.
Headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, Secure64 is a software developer providing secure, self-protecting, high performance server applications. Secure64 has developed SourceT®, a Genuinely Secure™ micro OS. Designed by a world-class team of software engineers, SourceT makes applications immune to compromise from rootkits and malware, and resistant to network attacks, while also significantly boosting performance and reliability. Unlike other “hardened” software technologies that have been manipulated to minimize exposure to vulnerabilities, SourceT was built from the ground up to help organizations ensure the security, integrity and availability of their mission-critical applications. Secure64 has core patents pending covering its software technology.
Vice President, Marketing
Trippe and Company
Trippe and Company